September’s All About Halloween Decorations
Join this season’s Halloween kick-off FUN! Create something related to Halloween decorations as your submission to the Wicked Decorations Contest. Post a link to your entry in the Facebook event comments starting Sunday, September 23rd and before Sunday, September 30th at 11:59 PM your time zone, and you are entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Write a scary fictional story that features decorations
- Create a movie short with terrifying decorations
- Create a piece of artwork featuring demonic decorations
- Share a funny or terrifying real-life experience
- Post pictures of the decorations you display annually
- Show off horrific decorations you’ve created
- Decorate your blog/website
You get the idea.
9/23/18 – 9/30/18
in the Event Comments
Enter multiple times. You may add a link to your submission(s) tat goes to a website/blog, YouTube or other video channel, podcast, Wattpad or other story sharing site, photo sharing site, social media post, etc. PLEASE KEEP IT CLEAN! Sharing of all the submissions across social media by group members is encouraged.
Judging will occur the week after submissions close. If you’d like to volunteer to judge, email Wendy Spurlin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Yes, you can judge and enter a submission. We need 5-10 judges.
October’s a Halloween Monster Mash UP!
Our Halloween theme continues with a 31 day Monster Mash Up on social media. Here’s how it works:
- Create a social media post related to any monsters and put it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.
- Copy the link to the post.
- Go to the Handcuffed in Horror group and add the link to your post to the current day’s Monster Mash Up post.
- Visit everyone posts and make comments and share content as you like.
- While visiting other group member’s social media pages, add new friends, like pages, and follow others as you like.
What to Post
First off, this is meant to be a fun sharing and scaring of anything monsters. It’s a way for everyone to connect with group members on other areas of social media. It is not a self advertising exercise. Please do not post links to stores. If you’re not sure what to post, below are some suggestions, or contact Wendy here or via Messenger on Facebook.
- Choose a monster and research it. Write a short post about the monster and include a picture or gif.
- Find an interesting video related to your monster of choice and post it with a few words about what you like.
- Post an artistic piece you created and tell about it
- Share a funny or terrifying real-life experience with someone in a costume around Halloween.
- Post pictures of the horrific decorations you display annually. Repeats of the decoration contest welcome.
- Post a link to a blog post you or someone else wrote about a monster.
You get the idea.
10/1/18 – 10/31/18
in the Discussion Group
Post once, twice, thrice or all month long. You may add a link to your submission(s) that goes to a website/blog, YouTube or other video channel, podcast, Wattpad or other story sharing site, photo sharing site, social media post, etc. PLEASE KEEP IT CLEAN! Sharing of all the submissions across social media by group members is encouraged.